Friday, October 21, 2011

~day 20~ Knowing your limitations

I am a night owl.

I volunteer twice a week until at least 10 pm, usually 10:30 or 11.

I like to settle in front of a computer for a bit before bed. Sometimes I also want a bit of TV.  Occasionally I convince myself that I can follow that up with a "little bit" of reading before going to sleep.

I also have issues with insomnia.  Sometimes I just plain can't fall asleep.  Sometimes I wake up multiple times in a night for no reason.  Because of this problem I sometimes allow myself to stay up much later than I ought simply because I convince myself that if I stay up too late then I am guaranteed to fall immediately and directly to sleep.

All of these things combined this week to make for a week in which I do not go to bed before midnight once.  A couple of nights it was closer to 1 am than not.  I don't have to be to work until 8, but I am not one of those people who can function on 5 or 6 or even 7 hours of sleep consistently.  I need 7 1/2 or 8 solid hours of good, restful sleep to function well.

Tonite, hope is knowing that I can try to get home at a reasonable hour tomorrow night and can definitely sleep in on Saturday and catch up a bit.  Hope is knowing this is a weakness for me and trying to figure out ways to accommodate it and compensate for it.  Hope is knowing that you all will understand my limitations and accept this short post.  Hope is knowing that agreeing to blog every! single! day! for an entire month is an incredible stretch for me and pushes my limtations. Hope is knowing you will acknowledge my limitation and wish me good rest tonite.

No comments:

Post a Comment